What do Employers Really Expect in an Applicant Tracking System?
Updated: 2 days ago
It takes time to develop a recruiting process that consistently seeks people with appropriate skills and motivation to work for your firm. Enters, an applicant tracking system, a recruitment software that helps collect, organize, maintain, search, and communicate with a massive database of applicants within a company's talent pool. Due to its primary abilities like lowering the manual workload, streamlining applicant tracking with keyword-based search, automatic ranking, and filter features, ATS has gained significant momentum over the last few years, replacing some traditional hiring methods.
Today employees are seeking professional opportunities which provide them with a chance to grow as an individual. So, with the ample amount of time saved upon using ATS, you and your fellow recruiters can plan activities to develop the talent and confidence of all your recruits further. An appropriate recruitment process involving an application tracking system saves cost, time and attracts specialists, all while significantly empowering the employer brand. These unique professionals would lead to the growth and productivity of the company.
Applicant Tracking System, popularly known as e-recruitment software, offers a wide range of advantages, and hence it a no-brainer that there are certain features that employers expect it to provide when they work with it. Let's pinpoint a few of the undeniable benefits:
1. Save time and costs - You can now let go of manual data entry and save yourself some time in your workday by relying on ATS for entering and retrieving applicant data anytime, anywhere. Recruitment software allows you to manage everything over the internet and has proven to fill vacancies 20 % more quickly! Consider the cost-effectiveness your company can enjoy by recruiting new hires as soon as the need arises and boosting their productivity early on.
2. Customize reporting - ATS further lowers time consumption when sorting through numerous applications with features like keyword filters to choose only the best applications. That means with just a few clicks; you will be able to create reports of suitable and ideal candidates for the next step of the hiring process.
3. Make tracking easier - Take a breather and leave all your worries of tracking recruits through various hiring points on your recruitment software. Be it hundreds of applications, you can trust the automation capabilities of your ATS, which stores data over the internet. You can then track any data whenever and however you want to, and all you will need is access to the internet.
4. Remain flexible and easy to use - It is a no-brainer that employers expect ATS software to be customizable and offer ease-of-use so that each individual from the hiring team can operate it without too much hassle. Anyone can understand and learn its features in one go.
5. Allow free job posting - Yes, you read it right. Since social sharing of job postings has become quite popular and crucial for employers, ATS systems come with in-built features that offer free listings on various social media sites and job portals. Get your content ready, choose the portals you want to post to, and with just one click, your recruitment software will do the job for you.
6. Shorten hiring process - Expectedly, online recruiting streamlines the rejection and selection of candidates based on various customizable criteria. Users can then use this data to move forward into the primary hiring process, such as interviews. ATS can filter out the best applicants for you, giving you a chance to happily bid goodbye to the traditional methods of entering the data manually.
7. Resume Analysis – ATS software uses resume parser, a tool by which it extracts all the essential data like name, email, qualifications, etc., from hundreds and thousands of CV's making it significantly easier for recruiters to analyze later on. Say goodbye to losing your peace of mind over all the CV's piled up on your work desk.
8. Sharing on job boards - Lastly, with recruitment software, you get the opportunity to maximize the reach of your job posts by sharing them on multiple job boards. You can take your pick from LinkedIn, Indeed, ZipRecruiter, Glassdoor, CareerBuilder, and Monster, and many more.
As the job market continues to grow and evolve, companies will inevitably have to rely on applicant tracking systems to streamline their recruiting processes to reach more qualified candidates. The employment market is currently employer dominant since applicants are seeking new jobs more than ever before. Using ATS at this crucial hour will arm you with suitable data-driven hiring techniques and assistance so that you can outrun your competitors.
Kelly Barcelos is a content marketing manager for Jobsoid and specializes in HR. When Kelly is not building marketing campaigns, she is busy creating content to help people hire better. She shares tips, industry insights, innovations and several other topics that helps a wide variety of audience in their hiring efforts. As a working mom of three, she knows the importance of time management and counts on her multitasking ability to get her through her to-do lists.