The 7C's of Social Learning Which Adds Value to Your Business
In our working life, a large part is spent on communication with clients and teammates. Humans are social animals, so social interaction is crucial to our development at every stage of our lives.
Don't you believe that effective communication forms an integral part of a successful career in the current working environment? Today, delivering genuinely effective and engaging learning experiences that amplify the success of an organization's learning strategy is crucial to a business's bottom line. Deploying social learning concepts and technologies as part of the learning mix is no longer an option. It's a necessity.
Here let's discuss the 7 C's of Social Media Learning
1. Completeness: While communicating with clients or with teammates, your communication should be complete. Simple! Never leave your sentences incomplete. The audience should be able to receive the whole message so that they will be able to take the appropriate action.
2. Consumption: It is also essential to pay attention to how information is consumed. The content must be usable, reference-able, searchable, and tag-able.
3. Contribution: Finding ways to support user-generated content plays a vital role in the success of the learning initiative. HR & managers must encourage their employees to share their learning on an ongoing basis.
4. Conversation: Learning is effective when employees are encouraged to freely talk about their work and discuss ideas. Conversing about content also makes the key takeaways relevant to the context of the business.
5. Collaboration: Is the heart of social learning. It not only helps to frame better ideas but also helps foster a culture of teamwork.
6. Connections: Connections to generate content, share ideas, dispel information- these go a long way in competing in business.
7. Control: Organizations often forget to exert the necessary oversight to ensure learning quality and effectiveness. Social learning technologies should enable organizations to govern the continuum of openness and control to their organizations.
Also, let' learn how to apply these 7 Cs
We know every organization is different from each other. And so, 'the 7 Cs' of social learning will need to be contextualized according to your organizational strategy. Here are few concrete steps that you can take:
Create communities of practice to foster 'on-the-job' social learning.
Provide platforms & opportunities to initiate on-demand and real-time discussions centered on learning with experts. This will help you to connect, create content and actively learn. This includes using wikis, blogs, discussion forums and encouraging people to rate, review and comment on courses.